Happy Monday! I meant to get this post out sooner, but better late than never! I have already started working on my goals I made for myself this week. I have 5 goals I would like to share with all you. This helps keep me stay accountable & hopefully inspire you all to get in the habit of writing your goals down!
It is crazy how much more likely you are to accomplish your goals when you write them down, not just think about them. Although, thinking about them alone, takes a lot of dedication as well. Anyways, this post is meant to be short, but packed with things weighing on my heart to make better in my life. Enjoy!
Goal Preparation: April 3rd-9th
- Be Patient, Not Defensive.
- My first reaction lately is to respond to situations defensively. I’m not thinking before I speak. My goal is to process the situation silently, step away, and patiently respond accordingly. I want to be slow to act, but smart in responding.
- Become a Good Listener.
- This does NOT come a habit in just a weeks time (I know that). This is a goal of mine that I have been trying to practice for a long time. My goal is to ask good questions that engage my listening skills. I want to here other people’s stories and not mine. God gave us TWO EARS and ONE MOUTH, to listen more than we speak.
- Assume the Good, not the Bad.
- My goal is to stop comparing the PRESENT to the PAST. Life is about learning from mistakes and growing to become the person you want to be. The past is in the past, not the present. At the end of the day, I do believe Pastor Andy Stanley is right in saying, “Your PRESENT will become your PAST, which will show up in your FUTURE.” You have the power to control the present, not the past.
- Only focus on the things in MY CONTROL.
- “The way out of the fog is knowing where to focus.” ~Ben Snyder
- Stop trying to clear all of the fog, it doesn’t work; it is not productive. Instead, focus on the right things, prioritize the important things to get you out of your fog.
- Be Consistent: Gym Time & Clean Eating
- My goal is to spend 6 days in the gym & 1 day off. I will use that day off to help restore my hard work, put in all the other days of the week. I will continue to keep my eating clean and low in sugar. I will allow myself one cheat day for the week. Finally, I will be consistent in my supplements: amino acids, pre-workout, and protein smoothies. Remember, HARD WORK PAYS OFF.
Well there you go, my goals. I shortened my list down to only five so I can find my focus in what was truly the most important things to get me out of my fog (see what I did there…). I’ll leave you with a piece of advice given to me by a very important man in my life. It goes a little like this…
If what you are currently doing isn’t working, go back to the locker room and figure out a new playbook. ~My Boyfriend
I needed that. It was extremely true. Make yourself better and never stop pushing yourself. Where there is a will, there is a way. Reevaluate where you are & find a way to get to where you want to be. Happy Monday once again. Have a great week & don’t let anyone knock you down, you’re too strong for that.
As always, BE TRUE. BE YOU.
“She is clothed in strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.”